One of the resources we enjoy using most in our homeschool is podcasts. Apart from just listening to podcasts we love in order, we also like to use podcasts for learning about specific subjects or seasonally. With the upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday, I wanted to put together a list for you of podcast episodes you could listen to for Valentine’s Day – as well as podcasts to help you, the parent, prepare for Valentine’s Day! And, you’ll also spot an awesome Valentine’s Day Giveaway at the bottom!
Valentine’s Podcasts for Kids
Valentine’s Day Stinks: Superhero Edition!
This episode of Little Stories Everywhere was described by my kids as a “Valentine’s Day Grinch.” It’s excellently produced and a sweet story about friendship.
The Day it Rained Hearts & Berenstain Bear’s Valentine’s Blessing
This episode of Stories and Songs for Fabulous Children with GramNinny is a read aloud of two books – The Day it Rained Hearts and Berenstain Bear’s Valentine’s Blessing. You could get a copy of these books if your child would like to follow along!
Clifford’s First Valentine’s Day
This episode of Storytime with Phillip and Mommy! is another read along with the book Clifford’s First Valentine’s Day.
This is another episode of Storytime with Phillip and Mommy! featuring the book Valentine’s Day by Joyce K. Kessel. This book/episode will be especially good if your kids are curious about the history of Valentine’s Day, as well as how Valentine’s Day is celebrated in other countries.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with this Lovelorn Snowman in our Special Bonus Episode – Storytelling Podcast for Kids – The Snowman: Bonus
This episode of Journey with Story – A Storytelling Podcast for Kids is Hans Christian Anderson’s classic story “The Snowman.” This is a love story – but it’s also a wintery story, perfect for if you get cold, chilly winters. And I have to admit, the Snowman’s desire for warmth reminds me a bit of Olaf!
Valentine’s Day Special: Princess Frankie and the Frog
This episode of Super Great Kids’ Stories is a lot of fun! It’s a modernized telling of the Princess and the Frog and it’s so fun. I loved when Princess Frankie offered the frog her unicorn pajamas for getting her golden ball.
Valentine’s Podcasts for Teens
Valentine’s Day Special: Being Wanted
This is the podcast episode I wish I had had as a teenager. This episode of the Teen Life Coach is all about how not everyone will want you and how you need to want yourself. While it is aimed at teen girls, there is a lot here for anyone.
Podcasts for Parents
Okay, I know I promised you kid podcasts – and most of the ones on this list are, but I couldn’t resist including this one podcast to give you ideas for celebrating Valentine’s Day with your kids.
Easy Valentine’s Day Treats
This episode of Didn’t I Just Feed You? is all about easy Valentine’s Day treats for kids. So whether you just want to have a special treat at home – or you need to find something to bring to your co-op Valentine’s Day party, there’s tons of food ideas here and they even discuss allergy friendly and vegan options.
Homeschool Reading Valentine’s Day Giveaway
Did you notice that a lot of these podcasts were book-ish? Let’s celebrate Valentine’s Day by giving away over $2500 of homeschool curriculum, courses, printables, resources, and more!
This giveaway will have FIVE (5) winners! Learn more about our prize packages:
The Younger Kids Bundle ($758 Value, 2 winners)
- Reading Better Together Curriculum from Homeschooling 4 Him ($97)
- 1 Year Membership to the Heart Smart Homeschool Mom Community ($564)
- Mini Reading Seminar and Ultimate Reading List Bundle from Pocket Homeschool ($30) – I contributed this one! This is going to give you so many reading lists and take your read aloud skills to the next level!
- 3 months access to Confident Little Hands – Fine Motor Skills Subscription + Bonus Fine Motor Fun: Valentine’s Edition from Learn With Confidence ($25)
- Pyramid and City Literature Units from As We Walk Along the Road ($23)
- Fruit of the Spirit Valentine’s Day Unit Study from A Family Devoted ($19)
The Older Kids Bundle ($467 Value, 2 winners)
- 3 Months of Homeschool Mindset Coaching with Christy from Happy Hive Homeschooling ($350)
- Digital Writing Prompts: The Full School Year Bundle from Homeschool Breakroom ($40)
- Student Homeschool Planner – undated (model of choice) + Monthly Planner for 2023-2024 from Monkey and Mom ($28)
- Adventure Quest – Treasure Island & Peter Pan from Story Quest Academy ($27)
- Textbook-Free History Masterclass (for Mom) + 1 Corinthians 13 Copywork and Memory Work Resource pack (for kids) from Humility and Doxology ($21)
The For Mom Bundle ($203 Value, 1 winner)
- One-on-One Parent Coaching Session ($70) from Sibling Relationship Lab
- $50 Gift Certificate from Homeschool Style Co. ($50)
- Intentional Homeschool Planning Conference from Intentional in Life ($37)
- Paperback copy of the book Worldschoolers: Innovative Parents Turning Countries Into Classrooms from Trip Scholars ($25)
- Spring Reset Bundle from All Things Printables ($21)
Want to enter to win? Simply enter by following the sponsors on the form below! You are responsible for reading the Terms and Conditions before entering. Entering this giveaway confirms that you have read and understand the terms.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Good luck! I hope you win!